Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dylan's condition

Dylan remains sedated and intubated at CCMC. He has been in this state since June 5th, when he underwent a lung biopsy. It was determined that he has a condition known as calciphylaxis. In addition to all his challenges, Dylan's lungs are now compromised with deposits of calcium that can't be removed or treated. He's no longer being considered for a transplant. We're devastated and must face the fact that we're losing our beautiful baby boy. Words can't describe the pain and sorrow we're facing, and our hearts are broken. Selfishly, we all want Dylan with us as long as possible, but we're working toward giving him the peace that he deserves.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, June 18, 2009 , Blogger Jimena said...

You had said it so right vanessa.
Our litttle Pickle is such a fighter and never complains.
He is teaching us so much.
We love you Little Dylan!

 
At Thursday, June 18, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

I have been so deeply sad and my heart feels like it is breaking. I can not even imagine what you all are going through, and I am so sorry. I wish there was more I could do, I wish I could have been a donor, I wish that no child should have to endure such illness; but no matter my wishes, there is nothing I can. That is what makes it so hard and painful. I hope you know that I am here for you all. I want to help and be there in any way that I can. Vanessa, I think you know how much I love Dylan and feel so blessed to have been able to share a little part of life with him. He is a true hero and inspiration, as are you. Please reach out and let me know of anything I can do. The kids are welcome to stay here-anytime. I can pick them up, take them somewhere or if they have to get to any appointments. I know that there are no words to console you and your family at this horrific and painful time, but I am sorry. Please give him a special kiss for me and one from Christian and Grayson-we have all been praying and Christian says "Jesus Dylan Amen"-I think Dylan is going to be my boys special angel. Love and prayers,
Karen, Christian, Grayson, Marion and Joe

 
At Friday, June 19, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

Lord Jesus, please give Vanessa and Dave the strength and wisdom to continue to make the right decisions for Dylan during this very tough time. I am grateful that we live so close to CCMC. They were so accommodating when we were there with Morgan. Vanessa, please let me know if Shane and I can be of any help. You and your family and baby Dylan are in my thoughts constantly and we pray for you during this time.
God bless,

Kathy, Shane, Morgan, Tommy and Joshua Kinsey.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home